Monday, January 11, 2010

Beautiful Grim WIP




So here is the sketched pose I decided to go with for my Beautiful Grim contribution, as well as the WIP (graphite and charcoal on grey Canson paper).  And it's definitely still a WIP, as you can see.

To find out more about this wonderful fundraiser, please click on here.  The Beautiful Grim event is being organized by Mythic Entertainment concept artist/illustrator Daarken and Dreamworks animator Leif Jeffers.

I'll be posting more as the work progresses.  The deadline for this is February 1st, 2010.  This is one of several different pieces I'm working on right now (as mentioned in my previous post).  I tend to rotate between pieces when I'm working on several at a time.  This not only helps keep me from getting bored or frustrated with working on the same piece, but it also helps me to keep a fresh eye on the work in front of me.  When I work on the same piece continually, I seem to be more prone to get artist's block.  I've found that rotating helps me to avoid that.

No comments: