Sunday, September 20, 2009

Hurakan challenge - Part 1



Part I of V

Silohouettes of the Mayan god, Hurakan, for submission to an art challenge given by Jon Schindehette, Senior Art Director for Wizards of the Coast and Dungeons & Dragons.

I only learned about this challenge on Friday (9/18) afternoon, and the deadline was today (9/20) at noon.  After work, I spent most of Saturday night going through my Mesoamerican art history books (glad I held onto them after college) researching Classical Mayan art styles.  I then spent all night and into the wee hours of the morning developing sketches.  By around 10am, I was scanning what I felt were my best 3 into PS where I frantically filled and set them in their line up.  WHEW!  I barely managed to finish by the skin of my teeth and submit it.

I have to say, however, that even though it was a MAJOR crunch to get it done, (and ultimately not the way that it should've been done) I really enjoyed doing it.  I hope the powers that be smile upon me and enjoy what I've done.  I'm really looking forward to the next phase of this challenge, as well as having more time to do it in!  ;)  Now it's time for some sleep.

No comments: