Friday, November 27, 2009

A compromise



So I was debating whether or not to post my paintings when they're in progress, and decided it couldn't hurt... after all, I love seeing the WIP of other artists.

For those who don't know already, this is a photograph of a painting I've been working on for an upcoming art show/fundraiser.  The photo was taken when it was just in the early phase of roughing out the figure.  It caught a little glare on the left side due to the fact that it was very wet (oil paint).  I will post the finished piece in the next few days.

Also, I started with the idea of having her holding a tiny seed, which later evolved into having an apple and the addition of a snake.  But... that felt too sinister (i.e. eve & the forbidden fruit), so I settled on a compromise of keeping the apple and losing the snake.  This way it reads, at least I hope it reads, as an offering.

No comments: